I got myself Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii. It came with 2 guitars and the game with instructions etc. The game is great but my problem was that the game would freeze very regularly, mostly at the end of songs but sometimes other places. I checked the disc and it had no scratches or manufacturing imperfections so that was not the problem.
My Wii has a Wii-key mod chip installed to allow me to use homebrew software to make it into a media center. I decided to backup my GH3 DVD disc onto a Ridata dvd-r and see how that went. In some country's this is illegal but the laws are sketchy in Australia. Some say you can copy the disc if you have the original for back-up purposes as was the case regarding the PS1 many years ago.
Anyway I have gone from a bright shiny silver disc to a nice purple disc. I have been playing the game for over a week now without one hiccup. It appears that the Wii DVD reader does not like some new shiny silver discs. Why do I have to go to the trouble of backing up my Wii games to make them play well. Can't the disc manufacture and Nintendo get together to make sure that either the discs are manufactured correctly or the Wii drive is not so picky and choosy as to what it will and will not play.
I feel better now.. it helps to get it out instead of keeping it bottled up inside.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Wii DVD Reader hates some shiny discs. - RANT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What kind of Homebrew do you have?
(I only get homebrew on my DS)
ps- It's DSgame_boy from MYDS speaking here!
Post a Comment